Tuesday, June 25, 2024

New Password Management Book


I love the 49 & Market Academia line so much that I wanted to use it for something fun.  I decided that I would create a password book.  (Inspired by my Dad and his book of expired passwords, not to helpful if you don't keep it up-to-date though! :)

I used PVA glue and a makeshift book press to glue my pages together.  I didn't quite get them all so I put a little glue on the edge of the page and stuck it back down.  Not 100% perfect but for my first glued book I am pretty happy with it.  I also discovered the Range Matte Medium.  I coated the cover, that I made out of 2 pieces of card stock, to make it a bit more durable.  Bonus the Matte Medium also gives the cover a bit of dampness protection.

What I did:

- printed out 10 pages of my website/password template (if you want a copy click the button below) on 8 1/2 * 11 paper, then cut it in half

-  I made the cover about 1/8 bigger to leave a little bit of overlap.  I used two pages and glued them together.  (I put a magnet in the front for my closure and glued a strip into the back pages for my flap, I also put a magnet in the flap

- I lined up my pages and cover and used a PVA glue (no wood glue!) along the pages to glue the spine together (3 coats, drying in between coats) 

- clamped the book together to let it dry over night


- I added a spine with leftover cover paper, glue it on and clamped again and let it dry over night

- I used Multi Medium Matte to cover the back and front of the cover, and the flap closure.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment